WELCOME TO MISSISSIPPI RIVER COTTAGE!
The gravel road is a dead end road with a few neighbors within site. Plenty of parking is available anywhere in the horseshoe driveway. Please do not park on the road as a courtesy to our neighbors and take care to avoid entering any of the neighboring property. Please turn around in our driveway and do not turn around at the end of the road as that is the neighbors property who would like everyone to stay off.
VIEW & BOOK ON AIRBNB:
- Dedicated workspace
- Pets allowed
- EV Charger
- Fast wifi
- Free parking
- 55″ HDTV
- Security cameras on property
- Washer and Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Outdoor dining area
- Boat slip
- Please respect check-in and check-out times (unless we have agreed on other arrangements) – A penalty of $50 per hour will be charged if not out of the house on time.
- All Guests must be registered, if the size of your party changes please contact us
- Additional Guests (beyond 4 guests) may be allowed with permission and for an additional fee – Please contact us with questions
- Please remove shoes as you enter the cottage and leave on mat in the screen porch or right inside the door in the entryway
- Be gentle with our septic system, please DO NOT flush anything except toilet paper down the toilet not even “flushable” items
- Please do not walk or play on septic system to the west of the house/driveway
- Please use the dryer to dry any wet beach towels and swimsuits, please do not leave wet items sitting on the floor.
- Please be careful if moving any furniture so floors are not damaged and always return furniture to the original position when you are done
- Mississippi River Cottage is located in a peaceful & quiet lake community. All guests staying at the home must be considerate of others in the neighboring area. Noise disturbances will not be tolerated.
- Quiet hours are between 10pm-7am
- No Smoking of any kind indoors. Smoking is allowed outdoors take care to dispose of any smoking related refuse responsibly – a $200 penalty will be charged for violations or debris discovered and disposed of by our cleaning crew
- No Parties or Events without express permission – please contact us to confirm
- Remove shoes while indoors
- No Candles
- No Fireworks
- All outdoor fires must remain contained in the fire pit. Please refrain from fires on windy days.
- There is NO garbage disposal; do NOT put food, oil or debris down sink or any drains
- Use our horseshoe driveway and our property only. Do not go across the street or on neighbors property to respect their privacy.
RIVER INFO & RULES
- Any game or fish cleaning must be done outdoors, PLEASE USE THE FISH CLEANING SHACK (available seasonally – will be available spring 2024) – violations will result in a $200 penalty to cover additional cleaning costs
- There is a boat dock for your use if you choose to, please be careful, and use at your own risk.
- Please plan to launch any personal motorized watercraft at the public access. Closest access is 3.5 miles west and south just west of the intersection of Co Rd 6 and Great River Road
- PLEASE BE CAREFUL NEAR THE RIVER AT ALL TIMES. We accept no liability for injury or loss resulting from use of the lake or watercraft.
- SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK. Be aware that there is a current near our dock. Please watch all children near the river! It is a river with moving current, even if it looks still.
- We advise the use of water shoes as the bottom is rocky and a little muddy
- The water in the swimming area can be shallow so NO DIVING off the dock
- There are beach towels located in the upstairs linen closet for your use. Please do not use the shower towels.
- Pick up any poop in the yard.
- There is a pooper scooper in the entry closet for your use as well as plastic bags if needed. Please clean the scooper after use!
- Please keep animals off the furniture.
- Food and water dishes are located in the front entry closet for your use.
- Please keep pets on a leash when not in the fenced yard with the gates locked.
- Do not allow pets to go across the street as that is private property with no dogs allowed.
- The neighbor to the east has a doodle named Ippy who sometimes visits, please care for your dog accordingly.
- There are also neighbor chickens who sometimes wander into the yard, please care for your dog accordingly.